PROVISION AND SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS
- Our target population is Hong Kong’s gifted students. We aim to secure appropriate learning and development opportunities for gifted students, initially aged 10 to 18 years, to enable them to realise their potential in a wide range of learning domains including academic and non-academic areas including leadership, creativity and interpersonal skills, and to cater for their social and emotional needs as well as their sense of commitment to the local community.
PROVISION AND SUPPORT FOR PARENTS
- Parents’ and schools’ need for support is also recognised. We now provide a Consultation and Assessment Centre for parents and teachers within the Academy structure.
- Parental education is provided in a range of subjects including the identification and nurturing of gifted children. Workshops, seminars and support groups are held regularly as part of our Parent Education Programme (PEP).
PROVISION AND SUPPORT FOR TEACHERS/SCHOOLS
- A number of thematic seminars and workshops are conducted to equip teachers with the knowledge and skills to meet the learning needs of gifted students.
- Outreach services for professional practitioners of schools or school sponsoring bodies are provided upon request.
- Since 2012 the Academy has begun to conduct research and development conducive to sustainable growth and advancement of knowledge in gifted education in Hong Kong.