The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education
Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS)
- Provision of personal data is generally voluntary. However, failure to provide the relevant data will render the HKAGE unable to perform the relevant functions, e.g., unable to consider your application for nomination or provide the requested services.
- Personal data provided by student members and their parents/guardians, alumni, programme applicants and the public to The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education (HKAGE) in relation to their students/alumni membership, programme applications and related services will be used for needed functions such as in the areas of administration, education, academic pursuit, programme-related announcement, research, etc
- Regarding the application for nomination, the personal data collected will be used for the purposes of selection, communication on the nomination-related matters; and as evidence for verification of the applicant’s identity, achievements and academic records, and other information provided in the application forms/documents.
- For all programmes offered by the HKAGE, parts of the enrolled programmes may be photographed, videotaped, and audiotaped. The photographs and footage hence produced will be used by the HKAGE for programme-related and/or research purposes and/or promotion of the HKAGE’s education activities.
- Personal data of members of the HKAGE and their parents/guardians will be used for all purposes relating to activities and services provided by the HKAGE. Personal data and photo images of members may also be used for the production of membership cards, conduction of activities, and/or in programme promotional materials.
- All personal data will be kept confidential and handled by the authorised staff members of the HKAGE. The HKAGE may transfer the personal data to parties outside the HKAGE, for academic or research-related purposes, such as sharing the members’ learning records in the HKAGE with members’ schools, processing of student visas, arrangements of activities (including but not limited to exchanges, internships, placements, and field trips), and granting of scholarships and financial aids, and when it is required by law.
- Personal data of members and alumni of the HKAGE (including student learning profiles) will be used by the HKAGE, during studies at and after leaving the HKAGE, for conducting statistical analysis, research, survey, review, audit, etc.
- Upon leaving the HKAGE, personal data of members of the HKAGE will also be used for maintaining contact, updating the latest developments of the HKAGE, and provisions of programme/activity information.
- Under the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, data subjects have the right to request access to and correction of their personal data held by the HKAGE. Should the data subjects who have the login information of a valid account wish to access and correct their personal information held by us, they can do so via our system. If the data subjects do not agree to the use of their personal data as stated above, they may inform us by mail to the HKAGE, Sha Kok Estate, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong; or by email at [email protected] or [email protected].
- Please refer to the Privacy and Data Protection statement of the HKAGE for reference (https://www.hkage.edu.hk/privacy-and-data-protection).