How to become a member?
- The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education (HKAGE) endeavours to secure appropriate learning and development opportunities for gifted students aged 10 to 18 currently studying in a local school.
- HKAGE admits student members of appropriate ages mainly through the “School Nomination” and “Parent Nomination” schemes every school year. Gifted students interested in being members of HKAGE are required to pass “Screening Programme” before they can submit their nomination profiles for further screening.
- Starting from the 2022/23 school year, the “Principal’s Nomination” is added to enhance the current “School Nomination” for students who are gifted in leadership. Each secondary school can nominate one potential student of Secondary 2 to Secondary 4 to the HKAGE. Nominated students are exempted from the Screening Programme and are invited to submit their personal profiles directly for assessment.
Application for Admission to Screening Programme
- Aims to familiarise school representatives with the nomination scheme.
- Date & Time: 22 September 2023 (3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
- Application deadline: 14 September 2023
- Please click here to download the powerpoint
- Please click here for reviewing the Briefing Session (Cantonese with no subtitles)
- School Coordinators register “Screening Programme” for their nominated students.
- Application period:25 Sep 2023 (9:00 a.m.) to 12 Oct 2023 (12:00 noon)
- >>>Click here for online application<<<
- Click here to view the course outlines and more information
- Study “Screening Programme”
Primary :25 Oct 2023 (9:00 a.m.) to 3 Jan 2024 (12:00 noon)
Secondary : 25 Oct 2023 (9:00 a.m.) to 10 Jan 2024 (12:00 noon)
- Students should complete “Screening Programme” with a PASS to be eligible to submit their nomination profiles for further screening.
- HKAGE will send the “Screening Programme” results to schools and parents in late January 2024 and invite eligible students for nomination and selection procedures
Related Documents (Screening Programme)
- Letter to School Principal
- Preparation Work by Schools (with School Login Account)
- Timeline for School Nomination
- Important Notice
- Frequently Asked Questions [Screening Programme]
- Identification tools available at EDB website
Nomination for Membership
Related Documents (Nomination for Membership)
Screening Criteria for HKAGE Student Membership