How to become a member?
- The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education (HKAGE) endeavours to secure appropriate learning and development opportunities for gifted students aged 10 to 18 currently studying in a local school.
- HKAGE admits student members of appropriate ages mainly through the “School Nomination” and “Self- Nomination” schemes every school year. Gifted students interested in being members of HKAGE are required to pass “Stage 1: HKAGE Screening Programme” before they can submit their nomination profiles in “Stage 2: Submit Student Personal Profile” for further screening.
- Starting from the 2022/23 school year, the “Principal’s Nomination” is added to enhance the current “School Nomination” for students who are gifted in leadership. Each secondary school can nominate one potential student of Secondary 2 to Secondary 4 to the HKAGE. These nominated students are exempt from the Stage 1 screening and will be invited to submit their personal profiles for assessment as required in Stage 2.
Sept - OctApplication Submit application for School Nomination
Feb - MarStudent Personal Profile Students who have passed the “Screening Programmes” should submit their personal profiles for further screening
STAGE 1STAGE 2
Nov - JanScreening Programme Study the “Screening Programme” and complete the final assessment
Apr - MayScreening by HKAGE HKAGE assess the students’ personal profiles for admission consideration.
Admissions & Registrations
Announce nomination results and admitted students should register for membership
Stage 1: HKAGE “Screening Programme”
- Aims to familiarise school representatives with the nomination scheme.
- Date & Time: 23 September 2022 (3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
- Application deadline: 15 September 2022
- Please click here for the briefing powerpoint (English).
- Please click here to review the briefing session video (Cantonese with no subtitles).
- School Coordinators register “Screening Programme” for their nominated students.
- Application period: 26 September 2022 (9:00 a.m.) to
11 October 2022 (12:00 noon)extended to 17 October 2022 (12:00 noon)
- Study “Screening Programme”
Primary :1 Nov 2022 (9:00 a.m.) to 5 Jan 2023 (12:00 noon)
Secondary : 1 Nov 2022 (9:00 a.m.) to 12 Jan 2023 (12:00 noon)
- Students should complete “Screening Programme” with a PASS to be eligible for "Stage 2: Submit Student Personal Profile” for further screening.
- HKAGE will send the “Screening Programme” results to schools in Mid-February and invite eligible students to submit personal profiles for further screening.
- Letter to School Principal
- Preparation Work by Schools (with School Login Account)
- Timeline for School Nomination
- Important Notice
- Frequently Asked Questions [Stage 1: “Screening Programme”]
- Identification tools available at EDB website
Stage 2: Submit Student Personal Profiles
- Introduce the arrangements for submission of Student Personal Profiles
- Introduce the operation of the Online Nomination Platform (ONP)
- Date: Late Feb 2023
- Students submit Personal Profiles in March 2023 for further screening through the Online Nomination Platform (ONP)
- Nomination results will be announced through the Online Nomination Platform in Mid-June 2023.
- Students and their parents can check the results and the member registration procedures online.
Related Documents (Stage 2) - To be announced
Screening Criteria for HKAGE Student Membership