The Programme Subsidy Scheme
The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education strive to provide student members with diverse learning experiences. While we are developing more and more programmes, different tertiary institutions in Hong Kong are also offering valuable gifted education programmes. To encourage student members to broaden and deepen their learning experiences, we provide financial subsidy to student members through our Programme Subsidy Scheme. Student members can enrol in a programme of their own interest from the designated programme list and then apply for the subsidy upon successful completion of the programme. The Scheme operates on a first-come-first-served basis.
Under the Scheme, the HKAGE may subsidize half of the total cost of a designated gifted programme or HK$2,500, whichever is lower. In case student members receive subsidies or financial assistance from their schools / programme organisers / other organisations, the HKAGE will provide subsidy to students after deducting this received subsidy amount . A student member can only receive subsidy for one subsidized programme within one school year.
In order to receive the subsidy, student members should:
- have completed at least one HKAGE-held face-to-face workshop / course with at least 10 contact hours (the last session date of that HKAGE programme must be prior to the last session date of the subsidized programme);
- select gifted programme(s) from the HKAGE’s Subsidised Programme List with programme commencement date on or after 1 September 2022;
- submit application form to HKAGE before the first day of the subsidized programme for quota reservation purpose;
- complete the programme assessment and meet the passing requirements set by the programme organizer(s)*; and
- submit required documents to the HKAGE after programme completion by 15 September in the following school year.
As full student members must complete at least 1 programme/activity each review period to sustain full membership, students who have successfully completed any programme under the Scheme AND successfully receive subsidy from HKAGE will fulfil the requirement to sustain their full membership.
*For Dual Programme, student members should obtain grade C or above in the assessment.
For enquiries about the Programme Subsidy Application, please contact us at 3940 0101 or email to [email protected]
*In order to receive the subsidy, student members should obtain grade C or above in the assessment of Dual Programme.